I have a pair of the new Vasque Pendulums, and I've loved them. I bought a size larger than I'd usually wear (14 vs. 13), and they've been nothing but comfortable, right out of the box, with a secure heel and a nice, roomy foot box. The 4mm. rise works well for me, and they're responsive yet a little protective hiking the rough trails of the White Mountains. They don't dry particularly fast (they're often still damp in the morning), but they do drain well and with old-fashioned wool rag socks, it's not an issue for me.
Here's the catch: after about 300 miles (200 hiking in the Whites, which can get a little rocky and rooty sometimes, and 100 running on woods trails in Vermont), they're pretty much shot. The uppers are fine but the lugs are mostly worn off and the insole, which was supposed to be one of the key features, have long since exploded.
Anybody else have similar experience? A more durable recommendation? Or should I just quit whining, pony up another black chip, and get another pair?

