Topic

Theodore Roosevelt National Park/Maah Daah Hey/Little Missouri River

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Travis L BPL Member
PostedJul 27, 2013 at 2:56 pm

In a week I leave for North Dakota. The plan is to park at the Elkhorn Ranch site, hike south to where the Maah Daah Hey trail intersects the Little Missouri, raft the river to the northern terminus of the Maah Daah Hey, and hike back to the Elkhorn Ranch. ~200 miles total.

River levels are perilously low despite a relatively rainy summer, and in the case that it is indeed to shallow for our pack rafts, I do have a contingency plan to simply thru-hike the trail.

Since I've not been on BPL in a while, and there are a bunch of new faces, I'd like to know if anyone has any recent (as in this summer) experience with the Maah Daah Hey and/or Little Missouri River.

Anyone got any tidbits of useful info?

I'll probably get a nice long trip report up at some point, especially because the TRNP is underrepresented as far as national parks go.

This is my longest and most ambitious trip to date, assuming I get to packraft the river (yeah, I know it pales in comparison to some of the stuff some of you do), so wish me luck!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Loading...