Topic

Theodore Roosevelt National Park/Maah Daah Hey/Little Missouri River

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Theodore Roosevelt National Park/Maah Daah Hey/Little Missouri River

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

In a week I leave for North Dakota. The plan is to park at the Elkhorn Ranch site, hike south to where the Maah Daah Hey trail intersects the Little Missouri, raft the river to the northern terminus of the Maah Daah Hey, and hike back to the Elkhorn Ranch. ~200 miles total.

River levels are perilously low despite a relatively rainy summer, and in the case that it is indeed to shallow for our pack rafts, I do have a contingency plan to simply thru-hike the trail.

Since I've not been on BPL in a while, and there are a bunch of new faces, I'd like to know if anyone has any recent (as in this summer) experience with the Maah Daah Hey and/or Little Missouri River.

Anyone got any tidbits of useful info?

I'll probably get a nice long trip report up at some point, especially because the TRNP is underrepresented as far as national parks go.

This is my longest and most ambitious trip to date, assuming I get to packraft the river (yeah, I know it pales in comparison to some of the stuff some of you do), so wish me luck!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools