Topic

Quickest through hike of the Sierra High Route?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Kevin Burton BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 4:04 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_High_Route

> Very few people have hiked the entire Sierra High Route in one trip.
>
> In 2006, Backpacker magazine editor Steve Howe hiked the entire Sierra High Route in one month.[2]

This seems like a challenge. It would be interesting to do this in ten days with a 20 mile per day through hike. One would need to pack in a lot of food. I think I could take some breaks and do some fishing but most of the fish at that altitude really shouldn't be eaten because they take a LONG time go grow… hm.

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Steve from the Reno, NV area did it about 8 years ago in 10 days, stashing food prior to the trip. Almost lost his life when a small boulder moved, trapping his leg.
Duane

Kevin Burton BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 7:44 pm

whoah… how did he get out? If I'm going to do it then I'm bringing a spot device.

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Yep, that Steve. I work in CC, go home to CA on Friday. I've been to his house, met his nice wife and his son, did one bp trip where he stashed some food.
Duane

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...