Topic

Favorite 7 day trip for mid November USA?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I am open to ideas for a 7 day USA trip in mid-November. I don't mind cold but no snow please. Any suggestions?

M G BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Grand Gulch Utah top to bottom. Need to shuttle car or do bottom to top by floating in.

Zion is still nice at Thanksgiving.
I would think plenty of Grand Canyon trails would be good.

I would also think Great Smokies would still be lovely.

Luke Schmidt BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I doubt you'd have snow in the Appalachians/Smokies but the days would be short that time of year.

How about Big Bend? Should be a bit more daylight there since its so far south. Another possibility might be the Gila Wilderness. I did a trip there in October and it was cold but manageable.

M G BPL Member
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 3:04 pm

We did an annual thanksgiving backpacking trip in Shenandoah every year before the munchkin came along. Days were shorter and crisp but it is my favourite time of year. No crowds, no leaves and the air is nice and crisp.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...