this kind of lip give me just what I need(must very very light weight/must very very no cost or free or less than $1 (99 cent ):P before tax (if I can cut this(tax) from my living, I will cut it… too much weight for me and make me cripple)/ must fit to my pot as original lip/can store in my pot/must easily to make….and must etc…
So many MUST humm?? Go without it (that against the requirement)/do as usual bring a glassy book and cover it up on pot?(multi use? read/pot cover/fire starter/ stove base) No way.. it is multi use but..but)/How about aluminum foil?? (that is what I'm talking about…Oh wait..I remember last hike..after cooking my first meal the aluminum foil got crumble and end up as trash and I had to carry out)…………….. Seems like No hope under above requirement humm???
Don't worry !! There is always solutions for a problem….
A route ..
To make my life easy …I make a lip out of two sheets from aluminum tray (cheap thin) that I found in garbage bin.
I simply cut those two sheets in little bit bigger size than original lip. Put each sheet in a book and I sat on the book to get flat… stitch those two with stapler at four different places near the edge to support additional strength for lip.
after that tried to put on pot and cut the extra fat and tried to put on again until it cover as original one…
Finally……… All the problem is solve and I got my pot weight down (need to think about stove)…..
==================================================================
First thank you for reading my post…..and sorry for my[ESL]poor English..
here is Summary
Take this as your own risk…..
Pot handle for Ti pot like my Ever new 640….No need ….if only if you touch the pot after your fuel (in my case Alcohol) run out and wait 30 to 60 sec and hold on the place where water is not reach
Pot Lip ( apply to all pot (I think)) I did for my ever new,IMUSA big/small mug
1. find a used or new aluminum tray
2. use your original pot lip and push it down on two places on the tray base so you will have mark for size
or if lip doesn't come with pot place the mouth of pot upside down and do as above
3.cut out the sheet to desire size base on the mark you did above (cut little bit bigger than marking)
4. put each sheet in a book(thick book will be great) and sit on top of the book for as long as you feel uncomfortable
5. take out those sheets and stitch together with stapler (tip-use the small one) on four different position to strengthen
6. Put it on top of the pot and cut extra fat until it nearly perfect fit
7. Test it to get use to with it and enjoy it
8. live with it until you want another
In my opinion, I think bent the lip little bit and put inside the pot much safer ….

My lip is merely .0XXsomething oz … my scale doesn't show that detail but I'm sure it has some number

Tip for the lip, the lip is so fit on pot, the water s boiling or it's hot and want to open?? How?
Answer, use a small stick or your stake and poke it …

"SUL has Chosen Me"


