Topic

Smaller fuel canisters?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Smaller fuel canisters?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Caution about the CV360 canisters. They are sold with butane in them. I suspect that means they may not be adequately rated for a butane/propane mix, let alone straight propane.

Cheers

Stuart R
    BPL Member

@scunnered

Locale: Scotland

No, I wouldn't recommend refilling them with propane – did someone suggest that?
    Butane/propane mix may be ok tho' – these canisters are an inherently strong shape (long and slim) and formed from a single piece of aluminium so no seams other than where the valve is crimped on. This is the same as canisters of hairspray, deodourant etc which all use a butane/propane mix as a propellant. The hardest part is getting hold of one.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Stuart; I was proposing refilling a custom- made container with a varying propane-butane mix based on seasonal climate (higher propane fractions for winter camping). But that changes the fill weight, storage and transport temps true limits, etc, so I wouldn't recommend that for any but the most techie of BPers.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools