Topic

My ti pot took a hit, vintage MSR stove unscathed, pic

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedJul 25, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I did a week long trip into the Desolation Wilderness here in Kalifornia, part of three days involved some if not mostly off trail. My shorts offered no protection to my now scratched up legs. I had a Evernew .6 lt. pot and due to campfire restrictions, had to leave my Caldera Cone cooking setup at home and opted for a vintage MSR model MF stove instead from my stove collection. The third day out, I was off trail 95% of my 7 hour day. I slipped and had a couple spills with my ZPacks Arc Blast pack, falling on my back once. Tough approaching geezerhood.

Photos of my dented pot and old stove at Highland Lake. I think I'll leave the dent as I believe it may cause a hole if I try to fix it. The stoves generator is flat on the model MF if you will notice, the only MSR stove that way. This is my blue one.

pot

stove

The stove running at Upper Velma Lake, my last night out.

stove 2

Duane

USA Duane Hall BPL Member
PostedJul 25, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Man, I don't know whether I'm tough or picking the wrong country to bp in? My old stove was in the front pocket of my pack, whereas the pot was inside a plastic bleach bottle inside my pack. The bleach bottle took a hit too, but the tiny hole was patched with some duct tape I've carried the last 12 years so I could wash clothes and my hair. That $20 some a day campground is looking pretty good for vacations. The last two days were tough, thinking of cold beer or soda and a bag of chips of some flavor. :) Although it only took about $15 in gas plus the $10 permit, so it was a cheap vacation, a little money saved to pay for the two new tires I had to get a day before my trip.
Duane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...