Topic

New arcteryx stuff

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
chris smead BPL Member
PostedJul 25, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Arcteryx just released a bunch of new stuff.

2 items of interest:
http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&collection=New_for_Fall_2013&model=Konseal-Hoody-3-4-Zip
Perhaps a lighter more functional R1 hoody?

http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&collection=New_for_Fall_2013&model=Nuclei-Hoody

Kind of like a lighter MB thermawrap parka, or Rab Xenon?

Of course these all come with high dead bird prices, but may be worth it…

PostedJul 25, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I really like the looks of the Nuclei. Its a bit lighter and a bit cheaper than the Nanopuff which people here seem to love but didn't fit me very well when I tried it on. It doesn't state it explicitly but the spec seem to imply 80g insulation in the torso and 60g in the arms, which means it might be warmer than the Nanopuff too.

The Cerium LT Hoody looks pretty cool too although way out of my price range. Down is a new thing for Arcteryx, isn't it?
http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=Mens&collection=New_for_Fall_2013&model=Cerium-LT-Hoody

Adam

James holden BPL Member
PostedJul 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm

The Cerium LT Hoody looks pretty cool too although way out of my price range.

i would never spend 370 smackaroos on a jacket where the synth will degrade much faster over time than the down …

as to dead birds … if you REALLY want em … wait a year and look at the daily deal sale sites … i see em all the time in canada for 50% off … or at least wait till theres a 30% off end of season sale …

for example …

;)

PostedJul 25, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Nuclei looks cool. I really hope Montbell releases a similar type piece this year. I want a 60gm Montbell synth parka (or their answer to the nano puff). Anybody listening?

PostedJul 26, 2013 at 6:23 am

I own three Arcteryx items. I got my Atom SV for 25% off, my Caliber fleece for 60% off, and I paid full price for my Squamish.

I love all three. They work great and wear significantly better than my other items; none are showing loose threads, scuffs, pilling, etc. Actually, my ex-girlfriend has the Caliber so I guess borrowing is a potential risk..

Dead bird has been worth it for me. That fleece looks a little too Mortal Kombat for my taste. if I'm gonna wear a garment of that weight, it's gonna be Merino Wool, and Ibex is king there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...