Topic

LED Lantern-light and compact suggestions

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
kevin campbell BPL Member
PostedJul 24, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I was at REI & saw the UCO Clarus LED Lantern, 150 lumens max, with adjustable light levels down to low level that will burn for 70 hours. I think it was 2 hour burn at max.

Weighs in at 2.9oz OR 81grams without 3 AAA batteries.

Anyone have a better suggestion that is lighter OR better in general?

PostedJul 24, 2013 at 9:21 pm

The Waka Waka solar led light weighs twice as much but has a really impressive solar charging efficiency. They claim about 2 to 1 ratio between led run time and solar charging time for on the bright setting.

PostedJul 24, 2013 at 10:32 pm

I love the Fenix lights and many of them have a diffuser cap that makes a good lantern. Dual purpose :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...