Topic

MLD Burn compaired to Go-lite Jam 35

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Nate Boyer BPL Member
PostedJul 24, 2013 at 10:41 am

How do these packs compare?
I need a small burn for my gf because she doesn't bring much. However, I don't want to wait on the two month lead time for them to build one.

I'm thinking about getting her the Jam 35 instead. It looks like this should be nice and small, other than it being 1 pound heavier.

Any ideas on this?

Brian Hall BPL Member
PostedJul 24, 2013 at 11:21 am

Hey Nate, there is a size small Golite Ion on Ebay right now for $45 "it now".

PostedJul 24, 2013 at 11:54 am

You may have already checked, but just to be safe, I'd shoot Ron an email (though he is gone for a week or so right now) to see if they have a small in stock. When it comes to their packs, they often have many sizes in stock. My Exodus was at my door step about a week after I ordered it.

Nate Boyer BPL Member
PostedJul 24, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I checked with Ron already. :(

There are no water bottle pockets on the Ion…

John S. BPL Member
PostedJul 24, 2013 at 1:00 pm

The jam 35 is probably the newer golite peak, which I have and like it alot. You can shave off weight by taking out the pad, cutting straps, etc. On the peak you could remove the hipbelt pockets, but I am not sure that can be done on the jam 35.

PostedJul 24, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I have been using a 2013 version of the Jam 35 and am most impressed, actually. I love the hipbelt and how it adjusts automatically to your hip width. The foam back is quite stiff but can be removed for a sleeping pad. The compactor system works very well. I have not used the Burn but assume it is a fantastic pack as well, but not nearly as full featured as the Jam. Horses for courses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...