Topic

7d fabric on quilts and bags: durability?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 7d fabric on quilts and bags: durability?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

I’ve been using a quilt with 10d fabric this year in a tent with a young dog. So far, so good.

Thinking about moving to a bag with 7d face fabric. Would I be begging for a tent full of feathers?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

7D bags/quilts are totally fine in terms of durability if you are responsible with it. In terms of downproofness, some 7D is much more downproof than others depending on the weave, calendaring etc. Some 7D’s are plenty good. I’m quite happy with my EE quilt that is 7D inside and out.

JStanky
    BPL Member

@jstanky

Locale: SF Bay Area

I haven’t experienced any down loss yet with my 7D EE quilt… and that fabric is buttery smooth.  Really nice to sleep in.  I can’t say how it would hold up to dog claws.  I’m guessing that if you haven’t had any issue with the dog damaging your 10D quilt, with some care you’d probably be OK with the 7D.

Mark Fowler
    BPL Member

@kramrelwof

Locale: Namadgi

If your dog chooses to use your quilt as a chew toy it won’t matter whether it is made out of 7, 10, 15, 20 or 30 d fabric.

Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

Thanks gents!

Dan, BTW, are you able to do 2+pooch in the X-Mid 2p by any means? BTW2, any word when it will drop?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools