Topic

montbell super spiral #3 UL lower temp limit – pushing it?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedJul 22, 2013 at 8:57 am

Montbell's website shows the bag as rated

[EN TESTED]40ËšF/ 4ËšC(Comfort), 30ËšF/ -1ËšC(Lower Limit), 3ËšF/ -16ËšC(Extreme*)

I'm heading to Glacier National Park at the end of the week and wanted to see how far you guys would typically push these ratings.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Glacier+National+Park+MT+MTGLAC:13:US

With temps probably dropping into the mid-30s at night, do you think I'll be alright in the SS3? I'll have long underwear top+bottom, a down puffy, and a hat with me.

I'll be doing the north loop from eliz. lake to stony indian to fifty mtn to granite park.

Thanks!

James Marco BPL Member
PostedJul 22, 2013 at 9:10 am

With your down puffy I think you will be OK.
I typically use a 40F bag with a down jacket, medium weight long johns and wool socks down to about 30F. The SS bags have plenty of room, so it souldn't be a problem. DO NOT let you jacket nor long johns get wet, though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...