Topic

$1800

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) $1800

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    stephan q
    BPL Member

@khumbukat

// SELECT AN IMAGE OR VIDEO:

// YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
    Mojo UFO
    Item Number: 00150113
    $1,799.95
    Qualifies for FREE GROUND SHIPPING

For those who are truly obsessed with ultralight gear, space-age materials, and technical designs, we offer the Mojo UFO. Made with the insanely light and virtually indestructible Cuben Fiber, the Mojo UFO weighs a scant 1 lb, 11 oz and will stand up to just about anything you can dish out. Folds up into a unique, ultralight Cuben Fiber envelope instead of a stuff sack.

Mojo UFO Pitching Instructions
    Sierra Designs Tent User Manual
    Average of 2 Reviews:
    Read all Reviews | Write a Review

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Got mine at the last REI 20% off sale

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

Why so heavy?

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

Nathan "Moneybags" Watts

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

That is pushing the envelope

Josh Brock

@needsabath

Locale: Outside

"Why so heavy?"

Why so expensive? is the real question….that is over a thousand dollars more costly than most other cuben tents.

I guess I'm not extreme enough =(

Philip Marshall
    BPL Member

@philthy

I thought that was a spoof post

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

UFO sightings are always fake.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

Yeah, but…free ground shipping!!

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

I notice it has sewn seams and the cuben appears to be the standard (non high-bias) kind. Ron at MLD, Joe at Zpacks, or any other cottage company that uses cuben could custom make this tent for $600.

I met a guy from Boulder who sold fake colored glass "obsidian arrowheads" and other "artifacts" for a living. He swore they were real (and very ancient), and he had many identical ones. Sierra Designs is headquartered in Boulder. Just saying.

Tom D.
    BPL Member

@dafiremedic

Locale: Southern California

Mojo UFO, 1 lb, 11 oz – $1,799.95

Hi-Tec V-Lite, 1 lb 10 oz. – $26.95 (That's what I paid, but that was on sale)

For those who are truly obsessed with ultralight gear, space-age materials, and mass produced designs, I offer the Hi-Tec V-Lite. Made with the insanely light and virtually indestructible polyester and nylon, the V-Lite weighs a scant 1 lb, 10 oz and will stand up to just about anything you can dish out. Rolls up into a unique, ultralight nylon stuff sack instead of an envelope.

I used it on the JMT last year, and because its slightly used I'd be willing to part with it for $1699.95, a full hundred less than I would otherwise ask but the Tyvek groundsheet pictured will not be included. If you are truly obsessed with ultralight gear, you will Paypal me the money and I will ship it off by tomorrow. Shipping is free.

Hi-Tec V-Lite Tent

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

"If you are truly obsessed with ultralight gear, you will Paypal me the money and I will ship it off by tomorrow. Shipping is free. "

That pack doesn't look very ultralight. And carrying a shelter that "will stand up to just about anything you can dish out" isn't very ultralight either.

Tom D.
    BPL Member

@dafiremedic

Locale: Southern California

"That pack doesn't look very ultralight."

No, it doesn't. But looks can be deceiving when it comes to pack weight (we discussed it in a thread late last year). This pack was carried by my 11 yr old and was filled only with his clothes, his EE quilt and pad, another V-Lite tent (not for sale), his ditty bag, a few other things. Believe it or not, the only time it got above 14 lbs was when he had to carry extra water and was usually closer to 11-12 lbs. Dad had to carry the bear canister….

"And carrying a shelter that "will stand up to just about anything you can dish out" isn't very ultralight either.

Not normally, but this is a Hi-Tec V-Lite! OK, it leaked a bit at the seam during some thunderstorms, but you can always seam seal it and otherwise it will stand up to just about anything you can dish out. Besides, if I said otherwise, no one would pony up the dough to buy it from me, and there goes the funding for my next thru-hike.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

PM Sent.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

second in line

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools