Topic

Heading out for a Teton Wilderness/Yellowstone National Park Trip anybody want to join?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Heading out for a Teton Wilderness/Yellowstone National Park Trip anybody want to join?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I'm heading out for a trip in the Teton Wilderness/YNP starting on the 19th and ending as early as the 26th and as late as the 28th. Anybody want to join short notice?

Total distances 100-150 miles

Total time 7-10 days

Miles per day 15 off trail, 20-25 on trail.

If I can get permits I'll start in YNP and do a big loop into the Teton Wilderness area. If permits don't work I'll do a shorter loop through the Teton Wilerness with a possible side trip to the Washakie Wilderness as well. I plan on hiking ridgelines above timberline as much as possible.

I'll be out there one way or the other but I wouldn't mind some company if someone wants to come along.

Landon Schrock
    BPL Member

@lschrock

Locale: Ozarks

I wish I could… just got back from CO. Next time, buddy!

Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

If it was two or three weeks later I could probably do it. Would love to see that area.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Landon and Jeff I wish you guys could make it… You'll get to see the pictures though. I talked to the park service and the Yellowstone river looks a bit iffy for crossing in the north. I'll probably start at Brooks Lake which means I'll only have to cross the Yellowstone and Thorofare closer to their headwaters and a few days later. Hopefully I won't be swimming.

Kevin Burton
    BPL Member

@burtonator

Locale: norcal

I REALLY want to get back there! Though I'm headed to the wilderness with my niece on Aug 11 for a week …

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

I'm possibly heading back to Wyoming (from TX) tomorrow (long story). Anybody want to join me? The plan would be to pick up where I had to leave off and do about 4 days/3 nights in the Teton Wilderness.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools