Topic

Tokina 11-16mm 2.8

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Tokina 11-16mm 2.8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Josh Brock

@needsabath

Locale: Outside

I just picked up this lens and am really excited about it!!!! I cant wait to take it out and shoot deep expanses from high elevations at low points of view.

Any one have any expierence with this lens?

Dan Ransom
    BPL Member

@danransom

Locale: Utah

it's a fantastic lens. i used it for years on a canon 40d and 7d. if you can handle the weight, you'll love the images. sunbursts in particular are great.

Josh Brock

@needsabath

Locale: Outside

"it's a fantastic lens. i used it for years on a canon 40d and 7d. if you can handle the weight, you'll love the images. sunbursts in particular are great."

Awesome that's what I want to hear.

So far I've had fun using it as a walk around lens believe it or not. It gives things cool perspectives or at least forces you to shoot different and imaginative shots.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I liked it a lot while I had it. I think you'll be happy with it.

Erica R.
    Spectator

@skrapp138

Locale: Between the Rockies and the Sierras

After trying the Canon and Sigma 10-22 and not being thrilled with either – the Tokina was PERFECT. I seriously love this lens – sharp, great color – pair it with a nice B+W polarizing filter and you can't go wrong! Have fun!

Misfit Mystic

@cooldrip

Locale: "Grand Canyon of the East"

The Tokina is a good lens; I've always liked their construction, very bomber. However I'd be careful using a polarizer as recommended above. Polarizers and uw lenses don't usually play well together; you'll end up with strange banding and shading, particularly in the sky, using a polarizer at the widest settings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools