Topic

brooks range hooded alpini v. patagonia hooded micro puff or other primaloft 100g hooded jacket

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
PostedJul 16, 2013 at 8:02 am

anybody have experince with the two tops referenced and care to weigh-in on their relative warmth? would like to add the alpini if it can substitute for my micro puff in certain situations. the fill on a medium hooded alpini is just under 8 oz of 800 goose down.

thank you

PostedJul 17, 2013 at 4:17 pm

The alpini comes in around 14 oz for a xlarge , between 7-8 oz of 800+ down and is very very warm. It has a deep center zip and a double zip on each side. I like mine alot.

PostedJul 17, 2013 at 4:25 pm

The newer Alpini hoodies seem to weigh a bit more. I just received one from REI that is about 15 oz in medium. Instead of having velcro closures on the waist, it has snaps (much better in my opinion). It's a very warm jacket – so I can easily imagine it has 7-8 oz of down inside.

I have an older, non-hooded Micro Puff Pullover (circa 2005) that weighs about 15 oz, as well, and is significantly less warm. I don't think the synthetic fill jackets at that weight are going to compare in warmth to the Alpini.

A

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Loading...