Topic

brooks range hooded alpini v. patagonia hooded micro puff or other primaloft 100g hooded jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) brooks range hooded alpini v. patagonia hooded micro puff or other primaloft 100g hooded jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Fischel
    BPL Member

@ricko

anybody have experince with the two tops referenced and care to weigh-in on their relative warmth? would like to add the alpini if it can substitute for my micro puff in certain situations. the fill on a medium hooded alpini is just under 8 oz of 800 goose down.

thank you

michael willkie

@mdwillkie

The alpini comes in around 14 oz for a xlarge , between 7-8 oz of 800+ down and is very very warm. It has a deep center zip and a double zip on each side. I like mine alot.

Andrew Manies
    Spectator

@amanies

Locale: SF Bay Area

The newer Alpini hoodies seem to weigh a bit more. I just received one from REI that is about 15 oz in medium. Instead of having velcro closures on the waist, it has snaps (much better in my opinion). It's a very warm jacket – so I can easily imagine it has 7-8 oz of down inside.

I have an older, non-hooded Micro Puff Pullover (circa 2005) that weighs about 15 oz, as well, and is significantly less warm. I don't think the synthetic fill jackets at that weight are going to compare in warmth to the Alpini.

A

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools