Topic

Polycryo Ditty Bag …from Albertson’s?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJul 16, 2013 at 7:31 am

Albertson's bakery is selling some of its bread in an unusually strong, tough, tear-resistant, and "crisp" bag. I could swear it feels just like my polycryo (cross-linked polyolefin) groundsheet, in bag form. Go to Albertson's and check out the 'English Toasting Bread.' In small print I notice it is "dist. by SUPERVALU Inc, Eden Prarie, MN."

EDIT: Capacity about 5L.

Maybe there are other/better sources for tough & light plastic bags?

PostedJul 18, 2013 at 10:18 am

"Oven roasting bags are nylon film based and very tough and light."

I use these for stuff sacks. Turkey size for sleeping bag & clothes, smaller size for food. I got some of the slow cooker bags but they are too shallow to be very useful (except in my slow cooker).

PostedJul 18, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I don't know about that bag in particular, but some bread bags for fresh breads have pores punched in them (allows the moisture to escape the bag, which keeps the crust crisper). That could be bad for stuff that you want to keep dry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...