Topic

Polycryo Ditty Bag …from Albertson’s?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Polycryo Ditty Bag …from Albertson’s?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

Albertson's bakery is selling some of its bread in an unusually strong, tough, tear-resistant, and "crisp" bag. I could swear it feels just like my polycryo (cross-linked polyolefin) groundsheet, in bag form. Go to Albertson's and check out the 'English Toasting Bread.' In small print I notice it is "dist. by SUPERVALU Inc, Eden Prarie, MN."

EDIT: Capacity about 5L.

Maybe there are other/better sources for tough & light plastic bags?

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Oven roasting bags are nylon film based and very tough and light.

Frank T

@random_walk

Locale: San Diego

"Oven roasting bags are nylon film based and very tough and light."

I use these for stuff sacks. Turkey size for sleeping bag & clothes, smaller size for food. I got some of the slow cooker bags but they are too shallow to be very useful (except in my slow cooker).

David Scheidt

@dscheidt

I don't know about that bag in particular, but some bread bags for fresh breads have pores punched in them (allows the moisture to escape the bag, which keeps the crust crisper). That could be bad for stuff that you want to keep dry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools