Topic

Replacement filter cartridge: MSR Autoflow vs. Platypus Gravity Works?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Jim W. BPL Member
PostedJul 13, 2013 at 7:26 am

We have an MSR Autoflow system and will be taking it on a 4 week family trip. At the last minute I've decided to replace the filter cartridge as the original one seems slower than I want to start a trip with.

Function, filtration type, and attachments seem identical between the MSR Autoflow and Platypus Gravity Works filters:
http://cascadedesigns.com/msr/water-treatment-and-hydration/water-treatment-and-hydration-accessories/autoflow-replacement-cartridge/product
http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/filtration/accessories/gravityworks-filter-cartridge/product

Platypus claims a redesigned filter housing out of foam that's lighter than the previous model. I'm inclined to buy the Platy for that reason- guessing that both use the exact same filter media and hose barb size. (Both made by Cascade Designs)

Does that seem right?

Rick Adams BPL Member
PostedJul 13, 2013 at 8:43 am

you could also use a sawyer inline, supposedly lighter but i haven't verified.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...