Topic

Packlite Foods?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Has anyone tried their food? Considering buying some of their stuff for an upcoming trip.

Victor Angle

@vicangle

Awful – Takes forever to cook. If I still have some in the pantry that no one will eat.

paul young

@beerforcat

i did not like there dinners also. There oat meal with raisins, dates and walnuts is good. Also there Rye Crisp Bread with Jalapeno Cheese is about the best thing i ever tasted.

Yvonne Fide

@evonafide

I was reading through the forums and had to create an account to place my comments here . . .lol

I disagree with the other posts so far. I love their chili, Green Bean Cuisine, Mom's Pasta Primavera and Wild Will's Wild Rice. I do admit to adding a pinch of salt to the chili though. I don't like the oatmeal much and prefer granola because you can eat it cold (no wait/no fuel waste). My BF and I tend to just buy our granola bulk lately though. Makes no sense to pay top dollar for pre-packaged granola. We don't bother with their lunches either. Rye Crisp and Peanut Butter seems to be more like what their selling and I can get the same thing much cheaper and not pay the shipping costs. However, for dinners they are first rate. Vegetables that look like they came right from your garden!!! Come on, who doesn't need that after a long day on a long trail :^)

ETA – Tip in making the cooking time shorter and to save on fuel – soak it and eat a snack in the mean time :^)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools