Topic

Big old list of mini-reviews / 5-day trip post mortem / suggestions requested

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Big old list of mini-reviews / 5-day trip post mortem / suggestions requested

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ian Schumann
    BPL Member

@freeradical

Locale: Central TX

Hey everybody!
    I don't usually do this, but I have created a monster here in the wake of my latest trip to the mountains:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nclr9Uj6QjnENihAvphPzarcYGOdnWVUDhIbwI_nr3A/edit?usp=sharing

Here's what's going on here — I don't manage to have a "real" good long mountain trip more than 1-2 times a year. At that rate, it's easy to forget the little nuances and improvements I'd like to make, the mental adaptations and tricks I've grown into, etc. For that reason, sometimes getting out again feels like starting over.

Well no more! This time I decided to take detailed notes while the memories were still fresh, and go over these periodically as I grow closer to my next trip (whenever that may be). So I started taking notes, in a haphazard / brain dump kind of fashion, and it turned quickly into a long list of mini gear reviews with some subjective (not objective) evaluation on each piece.

If you have any interest in this, I would LOVE for you to skim through this list, as much as you wish, and offer any comments or suggestions. You may feel free to comment on the document itself (using the Comments tool, wherever it is). However, commentary in this thread itself will probably be better for overall discussion and community enrichment :-)

Forgive me if at times it grows long, whiny, contradictory, or boring. As I said, this is just a brain dump. If it does manage to be more than 75% coherent, I think I have hit my goal.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools