Topic

25 gram tackle box

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Peter Nash BPL Member
PostedJul 9, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I've used an Outdoor Research padded cell for years to store my fishing gear. Works great, but weighs 2.91 oz. I just finished a MYOG padded cell, patterened on the OR, but slightly smaller. I used .51 oz. Cuben fiber and 1/8" foam. It's not pretty, but it saves 2 ounces. Weighs 0.89 oz. / 25.2 g.

Tackle boxes

Tackle box

Peter Nash BPL Member
PostedJul 9, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Thanks Mike, but there are some rough areas where the stitching is bad, and the dimensions are off in some areas. But from a distance it looks OK, and it is light. It was fussier to construct than I thought it would be.

PostedJul 11, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I can imagine.

Off and on over the last few years I have put a lot of thought into sewing a camera bag. Attaching the lid in a way that helps cover the zipper with a flap and still allow the hood to open all the way doesn't seem very easy.

When I read the thread title, I thought I had to see this. I thought it was a little fishing kit With contents.

The bag does look nice. Prb good experience/learning.

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedJul 11, 2013 at 11:43 pm

For some bags like this, padding is not necessary. For some like a camera bag, you need stiffening for protection. Sew up the same thing, but insert some plastic panels made out of pieces of a plastic one gallon milk jug.

–B.G.–

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...