Just a few ideas:
One thing that I do from my experience as a trail runner is to coat my feet with Vaseline each morning. This is more to reduce the chances of blisters with high mileage. Combine this with a sock that keeps out dirt/dust (Swiftwick) and some gaiters and you are golden. I personally find that if my feet are being abraded in any way then my feet are more sore at the end of the day.
Try to take more breaks and do some some hamstring and calf stretches.
Weight train in the off season. The more strength you have in your leg muscles, back and leg/foot stabilizer muscles, the less stress you will have on your feet.
I personally find that the more minimal the shoe I wear, the less my feet hurt at the end of the day. You want a shoe with a rock plate or your feet will get beat up on rocky terrain (scree, talus, boulders etc.).
Make sure you have the right sock. Too puffy or light and your feet will move around a lot in your shoe. Good laces that sinch-up tight and a trusty knot you don't have to retie make a big difference.
Another trick that I think many overlook is foot placement. Again, coming from my trail running experience, route finding is so important to not wearing your feet out. Learning how to place your feet properly on the trail can save a lot of leg/foot fatigue. I could write an entire article on this!
There is a cream called Arnica. Carry a little tube of this stuff around and rub it on your legs at night. It is a mild anti-inflamatory.
Ibuprofen before bed!