Topic

Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide – Deadly or Not? Part 3: Laboratory Measurements for Canister Stoves

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide – Deadly or Not? Part 3: Laboratory Measurements for Canister Stoves

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

And in liquid feed, it’s not hard to avoid any flare-up, correct? Low vapor-feed flame until the vaporizer tube is at temp and then invert the canister.
    Perzacly.

I will add that imhe silnylon fabric is very hard to ignite at all (and I have done the Standard tests). The silicone polymer just does not want to burn. Of course, if the outside of the tent is wet from pouring rain, that just makes it even safer.

But do be careful with mosquito netting. It is unlikely to flame up and burn, but it sure can melt and shrivel up! I have seen that.

Cheers

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools