Topic

500 ML Cup like IMUSA 10CM for Cooking – I’m trying to save $ – No Titanium or Beer Cans – Thanks

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJul 7, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I'm looking for a cup to boil water for freeze dried food – boil in bag in Refletex. I find I don't need more then 500ml of water even for more than 2 servings.

Are there any cup out there similar to the IMUSA 10cm (23 oz)but smaller – 500ml (17oz). I can fashion a lid if needed.

I don't really need this or to spend the $ ; I have a 800ml pot that works fine so no Titanium or Beer Cans.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/IMUSA-Aluminum-Mug/15040697

One idea was something like this. But, I have no idea how it would work on a canister stove and it only holds 10 oz.

http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/update-international/esc-10/p8235.aspx

M B BPL Member
PostedJul 7, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I have a small stainless cup with handle, about 10cm I got from a fleamarket. It was $1 and weighs 2.04 oz. Very thin metal. Whole box of them from china.

I think some others have said they have seen them around too.

The flea market near me is the only place I have ever seen it. Ironic isnt it $30 for Ti cup that weighs 2.8 oz, or $1 for ss cup that weighs 2.04 oz.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...