Topic

Similar Tent to Hilleberg Rogen

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Peter S BPL Member
PostedJul 7, 2013 at 6:33 am

Just curious – anybody know of similar tent(s) to the Hilleberg Rogen?

I've always been fond of the pole-sleeves on Hilleberg's tents, and the here on mounted guylines.

(I've owned a Keron 2 and a Nallo 2, and miss these features, but not the weight)

PostedJul 7, 2013 at 3:39 pm

You could take a look at the Exped Venus II UL.
Vaude has the Space 2P like that but much heavier.

Peter S BPL Member
PostedJul 7, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Thank you Franco.

I should off course have said :

"Similar, but lighter " -my mistake.

PostedJul 7, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Yes I thought of lighter (or less expensive) but for a start sleeved is more of a European thing , (for some reason in the US they still think that a mesh inner is a tent…) , next if you want a freestanding shelter with a vestibule or two it will be around the Rogen or above in weight.
Not that I know every tent made though.
BTW, I assumed that by "like the Rogen" you meant freestanding,2 doors/vestibules,2 walls.

Peter S BPL Member
PostedJul 8, 2013 at 7:01 pm

That was exactly what I meant. I don't expect there to be any lighter similar tent out there, but I thought I might ask our joint bpl brain pool to make sure ;-).

Thanks again.

Btw I would love to be able to take a Hilleberg Rogen and a Tarptent Stratospire 2 on the same trip to a windy spot in Norway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...