Topic

Similar Tent to Hilleberg Rogen

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Similar Tent to Hilleberg Rogen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

Just curious – anybody know of similar tent(s) to the Hilleberg Rogen?

I've always been fond of the pole-sleeves on Hilleberg's tents, and the here on mounted guylines.

(I've owned a Keron 2 and a Nallo 2, and miss these features, but not the weight)

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

You could take a look at the Exped Venus II UL.
    Vaude has the Space 2P like that but much heavier.

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Thank you Franco.

I should off course have said :

"Similar, but lighter " -my mistake.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Yes I thought of lighter (or less expensive) but for a start sleeved is more of a European thing , (for some reason in the US they still think that a mesh inner is a tent…) , next if you want a freestanding shelter with a vestibule or two it will be around the Rogen or above in weight.
    Not that I know every tent made though.
    BTW, I assumed that by "like the Rogen" you meant freestanding,2 doors/vestibules,2 walls.

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

That was exactly what I meant. I don't expect there to be any lighter similar tent out there, but I thought I might ask our joint bpl brain pool to make sure ;-).

Thanks again.

Btw I would love to be able to take a Hilleberg Rogen and a Tarptent Stratospire 2 on the same trip to a windy spot in Norway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools