Topic

How to remove adhesive residue from Tenacious tape?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedJul 6, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Does Goo-Gone work? I tried rubbing alcohol with little to no effect.

PostedJul 6, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Any 100% citrus based cleaner – Citri-Solve

Beware of mixtures containing petroleum products.

If I recall, Goo-Gone is xylene, and pretty potent stuff.

Backpack Jack BPL Member
PostedJul 6, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Denatured alcohol,

I use it to remove lables, and graffity off off plexy glass with no ill effects to the the surfaces that were painted or had lables on.

Jack

Roger Caffin BPL Member
PostedJul 6, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I've been quite successful using olive oil, or even sewing machine oil. They are a bit different from the alcohols.

Cheers

PostedJul 7, 2013 at 1:18 am

be very careful with goo-gone. rubber and plastic (if i remember correctly)do not react well to it.

PostedJul 7, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Pam or your favorite cooking oil spray, wait 5 minutes, then rub off with a scratch pad or dish cloth and soap (the soap is for the cooking oil). Repeat if there is still some left. Has to be seen to be believed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...