For me here in the SE, I have been fine just using the precut lines without needing LineLocs. That doesn't mean that I have been able to place each stake on the first try either… there has been a few times I have had to moves the stakes a bit, but I have always managed something. Considering this, while LineLoc's do make things a bit simpler (yet heavier due to actual LineLoc's & heavier line), I just can't justify them for my location.
However, if I were in an area that I was typically having lots of difficulties planting stakes, then there would be more of a reason for me to want them, so they would be justified.
Saying that, I do use them on my Yama Mountain Gear Cirriform SW tent, but that is for different reasons… that is my lazy tent…
Also, I will add, I am not a huge fan of the mini linelocks. If I were going to use LineLoc's I would rather just use the bigger 3's…