Topic

Mosquitoes mid-aug PCT WA?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedJul 5, 2013 at 7:10 am

I'm section hiking the Washington PCT around mid-Aug and was wondering if I can get by without bug protection. Or is it, for my own sanity, advised to have an inner net?

Thx

PostedJul 5, 2013 at 8:25 am

No bug protection? Nope. The mosquitoes might be waning, and that's a big might depending on where in Washington and how close you are to lakes and streams when you camp, but the biting black flies will be out in full force.

Hiking Malto BPL Member
PostedJul 5, 2013 at 9:01 am

I hiked through Wa from Aug 11 through Aug 27. I cowboy camped all but one night that I was under a tarp. But I didn't use any bug protection and didn't need it. The biting flies were a bit of a nuisance in North Cascade but tolerable with long sleeves. YMMV

Ian BPL Member
PostedJul 5, 2013 at 12:21 pm

The section I hiked in August, I found that the mosquitos were somewhat problematic during the day and disappeared at night.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...