Topic

HYDRATION WATER/BLADDERS…SUGGESTIONS?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) HYDRATION WATER/BLADDERS…SUGGESTIONS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dave e
    BPL Member

@hipass

Locale: Los Angeles

I normally just use a nalgene bottle and a 2liter platypus water bag(no bite valve) but i want to try one out for my new pack.I dont wannt bigger than 2.5 liters.Any ideas for cheap and light?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Platypus.

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

The brand escapes me at the moment, but the style of bladders used in my salomon running packs are excellent. They use a fold over top with a slider/clip thing to keep them closed. This is great because it allows the bladder to be opened completely which is handy for a ton of reasons: fast filling, easy filling from shallow pools, easy cleaning, steripen use, and mixing in Gatorade powder etc. the other end uses a valve that is opened via the male nozzle on a drinking hose, which I also like.

It's probably not the lightest system out there, but for me the functionality is worth more than the few gram weight penalty.

Edit: check out SOURCE water bladders. I think that's one of the brands.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools