Topic

Backpack Problem

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Backpack Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sean Fletcher

@risen19

I've been having this problem for a while regarding the Golite Jam. I ordered the 2012 model last year in a size L. My torso is 20" and according to their chart that should fit me.
    However, Every time I wear it the backpack sags a little too low and the hip belt has to be tightened all the way for it to fit snugly. I can't tighten it any more.
    Has anybody else had a problem with Golite's sizing? Would it be worth investing in a size medium even though they claim that I would fit a large?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I would call Golite and discuss.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I'm not sure a medium is what you want. With a 20 inch torso the medium is probably going to be too short. So even if the hipbelt fits the torso will be too short and you'll have most of the weight on your shoulders.

You aren't the only one who's had that complaint about the newer Jams. If you're handy with a sewing machine you could probably mod it and make it work.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

I don't know golite and I'm at the bar so take it for what its worth- maybe as a frameless pack its collapsing and feeling short

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Sean, I would not go with a medium. The large 2012 Jam is a bit short for a 20" torso, a medium will be unusable.

If you need another inch or so of tightening in the belt, you can sew one side of the buckle fixed a few inches in on the hipbelt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools