Topic

mini dropper bottles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Adam Cassis
    BPL Member

@acassis

Locale: SoCal

i am leaving for my JMT hike in a week or so and i was at the drug store to find empty dropper bottles to repackage toothpaste, DEET, DB soap, etc and i couldnt find any! any alternative sources i can use instead this last minute in the game?

Richard May
    BPL Member

@richardm

Locale: Nature Deficit Disorder

For toothpaste just put drops on a sheet of wax paper and let them dry a few days. To use, just chew it up and start brushing. Works very well. Or, just use baking soda. Add salt if you need more abrasion.

I use spent mini-hand-sanitizer spray bottles for DEET and sunblock. I don't know if you can get spray versions in the USA though.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Michaels or Hobby Lobby should have mini dropper bottles. I find mine in the painters' section.

Richard May
    BPL Member

@richardm

Locale: Nature Deficit Disorder

Awesome links! Thanks.

Sara Marchetti
    BPL Member

@smarchet

This might be too late for your needs, but I've bought all my containers from:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.aspx?catid=469&gclid=CLv9hYbxjrgCFUFyQgod8QcAGQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

You end up buying a billion little bottles but the price is excellent. I've been surprised how easily I've been able to find uses for all the extra bottles I've amassed.

Good luck.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Sara,your link is #2 on my list of hyper links.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

Anna, instead of numbers, perhaps put the website name at least. I know I didn't look at each of the numbers to see what they were.

Dharma Dog
    BPL Member

@dharmadog

Locale: The Louisiana Swamp

http://www.ultralightdesigns.com One dollar per bottle

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Dharma dog,ultra light designs is #1 on my hyper link list.

Dharma Dog
    BPL Member

@dharmadog

Anna…please take note of Jake's post.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Jake ,you could just take a second to click on it or you could take the time to look up all the different stores that sell the droppers and then type each one(me I'm an extremely slow at typing)and make the hyper links,or you could just complain…it's up to you :)

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Dharma Dog,You could take note also on how about making some hyper links so I don't have to waste my time cutting and pasting yours.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Your welcome Richard I am glad it was helpful for you :)

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

I'm just giving a suggestion. I could care less if you take it or not. You are the one that wants to put links to stuff in every thread so i'm suggesting that having names and not numbers is more likely to be clicked on instead of others posting actual links.

In the time you posted that you had already posted the link DD posted you could have typed the names of the websites instead of numbers.

I will doubleclick, right click, open in new tab DharmaDog's non hyperlink before clicking random numbers. It is not wasting time because I know exactly what he is posting and if i want to go to it or not. if the forum platform wasn't built in 1987 hyperlink markups would be simple.

Dharma Dog
    BPL Member

@dharmadog

Anna…stop cutting and pasting and simply highlight and right click.

Do you need a hug today?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

removed my annoying post.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

I will doubleclick, right click, open in new tab DharmaDog's non hyperlink before clicking random numbers.

You can roll your mouse over that confusing number and the URL will show up in the lower left of your browser window.

Sorry Anna that you are getting piled on for the grave crime of making your links clickable.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Thanks Spelt!for the kind words :)

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

i'm not piling on. i made a suggestion.

Dharma Dog
    BPL Member

@dharmadog

and I'm new to this forum stuff. If I knew how to make a hyperlink in here I would.
    Copy and paste doesn't seem to work.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

New,and yet so comfortable with criticizing me.If the OP wants the links or the original offer I made to pm me so that I can possibly send him some if he tells me what size he needs that would be fine.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

ahh the oh so welcoming arms of BPL… it's not his fault that the forum platform was built in 1987 and has no intentions of changing.

either way. going online with only a week to buy something for a big trip is not ideal so the suggestions for Michaels or similar hobby store is probably the best.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Or free from me even better :)

Dharma Dog
    BPL Member

@dharmadog

Anna you need to read the thread again carefully. I didn't criticize you. Actually when the original post was made I was playing around with my new mini dropper bottles that arrived yesterday from ultralight designs. So I answered the post and the next thing I know I'm being criticized along with other members for posting the same information as you. None of us realized this because your post contained only the numbers 1-6??? Most every thread on this forum contains posts with the similar information. It must drive you crazy..

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools