Topic

Titanium Bike Spokes For Tent Stakes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Titanium Bike Spokes For Tent Stakes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Charles Tufankjian

@ctufankjian

Locale: New Hampshire

Has anyone ever tried using titanium bike spokes for tent stakes? I know there's some pretty skimpy stakes out there like the terra nova ones, and bike spokes would let you determine the length. Plus, they already have a bend and flange to catch the guyline. I'm going to give it a shot and post the results!

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

am awed …

(great idea)

v.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I have only used them in a cook kit. They could only be pushed into the ground maybe.

Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

Let us know how they work out. It seems like they would be impossible to use in hard ground. They seem like they would be pretty noodley. Maybe you could carry one more substantial stake to create a hole for the spoke to go in, where the ground is too hard or rocky.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

i agree that they will probably be pretty wimpy. plus they are probably more expensive than the ones from Lawson, Gossomer or whoever else has them. the j bend on spokes is not very tight and doesn't give you much to push on or the guyline to hold.

Charles Tufankjian

@ctufankjian

Locale: New Hampshire

Waaay less expensive than conventional titanium tent stakes. Plus you can get two stakes out of 300mm spoke.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools