Topic

enLIGHTened equipment IN STOCK

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals enLIGHTened equipment IN STOCK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

We've been building a bunch of Quilts this last month to build an inventory. I think a built to your needs quilt is still the best but not everyone plans far enough ahead and now you can get quilts right away. We store them un-stuffed so we need a day or two to stuff them then we can get them right out.

Also we made another small batch of our summer blanket and are running it at a hard discount, only 4 left.

Haven't posted here in awhile so thought i'd keep the community updated to what we have in hand

-TIM

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

That summer blanket does look nice :-)

B T
    Spectator

@parshal

left now in stock. ;-)

Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

What temperature range are you thinking of? Comfortable to 30-ish wit the usual summer clothes (long johns and a shak top)?

Andy Anderson
    BPL Member

@ianders

Locale: Southeast

I'm guessing its more like 50 degrees. I have the 40 degree prodigy and it has 4 oz Apex. The summer quilt has 3.3 oz high loft. I doubt it's as warm as Apex.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

It's a 45*. Did I forget to add that again?

-Tim

Michael Gillenwater
    BPL Member

@mwgillenwater

Locale: Seattle area

Tim, does the seconds nylon have any sort of DWR on it? Wondering about using this for a cover quilt over my down bag for winter camping.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Yes but it's not great, a real mid level performer.

-Tim

Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

I actually have on of the first production runs. It is a nice summer quilt and Tim's description is 100% accurate. He does not over sell it-
    It is a basic quilt but what else do you really need for 45+ temps?
    I have used mine to about 53* and it was great.

The DWR IS BASIC water will bead but you definitely want a plan for handling any real moisture.

It packs a bit big but I use it to give shape to my summer pack. Good $100 investment.

Nice product just don't have expectations beyond a flat quilt with one end gathered to a foot box !

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Kevin,

How do you like the footbox? I'm considering a full lineup like this aimed at hammock users. Should I add the top drawcord and snap back in if I'd do?

-Tim

Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

Tim
    I think it's great like it is. It's fast n light which is nice.
    I like for a lite quilt to just lay over me in summer.
    It's way easier to control your temp and airflow.

Thanks for a great product!

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

I'm thinking all my temps in both down and synthetic and all fabric options. But no drawcord is easier :)

-Tim

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Should I add the top drawcord and snap back in if I'd do?"

Tim, I don't have one of your quilts (Yet!), but I made my own without any snaps or draw cord for the neck area. I prefer to have the quilt a little wider and tuck where needed. I find it more comfortable and closer to wrapping yourself with the covers at home.

Question, Do you make custom length RevotX underquilts?

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

Which model are your referring to as the "summer quilt?"

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Eric,

I think youre right, making it a little longer allows a nice tuck and also keeps costs lower and separates the product lines

I'm not setup to do custom lengths on the UQ but it shouldn't be too tough. Shoot me an email and we can figure it out

The "simple summer blanket" is a short run I made this summer to use up some old 3.3oz insulation. Its as basic as it gets, but is cheap:). There is a link to it on my homepage, until the last one sells

-Tim

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

Just found it, looks good. What's the recommended temp range for that please?

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

45*F low end

-Tim

josh jordan
    Spectator

@jjchgo

placed my order Monday morning and it was waiting for me at work this morning. another awesome product by tim! thanks for the extremely fast turn around time!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools