Topic

fixing a sleeping pad

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
PostedJun 27, 2013 at 7:42 am

Hello I just bought a Big Agnes REM insulated core for 20 $
Worked the first 2 days then now it has a very slow leak somewhere. Anyone have any tips on fining this hole?

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedJul 13, 2013 at 7:48 pm

The leaks will be more apparent if the bathtub water is soapy. That way, the leaks blow little bubbles. Of course, once you find the leak, then you have to clean and dry it before you try to patch anything.

–B.G.–

PostedJul 13, 2013 at 8:19 pm

"…a very slow leak somewhere…"

I had to climb in the tub, fold the pad, and lean on it to find a small leak.
I found clear water better for seeing the very tiny bubble stream.

With a slow leak around a valve, I could watch the bubble form before it broke free.

Jerry Adams BPL Member
PostedJul 13, 2013 at 8:29 pm

or spray soapy water. bubble will form where leak is. Easy to mark exact location.

You can't mark it when it's in bathtub.

John Martin BPL Member
PostedJul 13, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Take it to the pool and ply lots of pressure even a micro leak will show itself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Loading...