Topic

20% Off at Campsaver.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 20% Off at Campsaver.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ernie Elkins

@earthdweller

Locale: North Carolina

Use code "memorial" for 20% off through the 30th.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Great deals there using that 20% off; almost as cheap as buying it in Japan. This is a great chance to get your Montbell UL down jacket for under $120, a 1lb #7 down bag for $127, or a rain shell.. Fill the holes in your gear list, or replace some heavy items.
    The down bags are an especially good deal since the 2007s are using 800 fill, and are much more expensive now.
    Just to give new readers an idea of the quality and loft of a MB bag, I took my 1lb #7(50'F) down to 25'F using a tent,pad, and the insulating pants/jacket I normally carry. I could argue these are the best commercially made bags in the world right now; primarly due to the unique super-stretch circumfrential baffle system which continuously maximizes loft.

Chad Mason
    Spectator

@porch13

Locale: Arizona

Sing it, Brett! I have a #5 and a #2 and absolutely love them both. I could never go back to a "non-stretchy" bag.

Now my only decision is whether to get the MB UL down jacket or the Thermawrap…..Anyone have suggestions either way?

James Pitts

@jjpitts

Locale: Midwest US

Tough call but I'll tell you that that dern down inner jacket is one of my favorite pieces of gear. I own both jackets and love the both. The down jacket is outstanding and if I could have only one that would be it!

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

I could not make up my mind either, so I got the synthetic thermawrap(250g) for 3 season/wet climate and the Light Alpine Down(310g) for winter/alpine use. Both jackets will evidently last for decades given my infrequent use. My only other torso insulation is an REI fleece jacket.
    One synthetic, one down, one fleece. Used singly, or layered. Wish I had understood this simple concept before I wasted a lot of money.

But Chad, since your bags are both down, a case could be made for buying the synthetic thermawrap, incase your bag gets soaked with condensation or liquid water.
    I also bought two bags to make a 'system', in my case a #7 and a #3. By the way, putting your #5 INSIDE your #2 to make one huge bag should keep you alive down to -31'C, and comfortable at -15'C.(calculated by combining fill weights) Let us all know if you test that out? ;)

Oh, and this pic is to tempt Ben..oneshot

Steve McQueen

@cpholley

Locale: Minnesota Transplant

Thanks for the code! Looks like a good one. I'm sure I could find something to buy!

As far as Montbell, I can't speak for the Down Jacket, but I will never go anywhere without my UL Thermawrap. It is the single greatest piece of gear I've purchased since I entered into this crazy world! Just last weekend, I took my Marmot Atom 40 degree bag down below freezing wearing the Thermawrap. I was toasty warm in fact!

Mandy Kent

@vermontsilkie

Locale: rural New England

I've come to realize that some people do better with down than others. Haven't figured out exactly what's going on but do know that some people sweat more than others and suspect the low-sweat folks are better suited to down items. There may also be a significant difference by gender, as studies have shown that women lose heat in the extremities more quickly than men, as our bodies are programmed to protect our innards (read baby in womb). That finally explained to me why I was freezing while hanging around on top of a mountain while my male companion was happily jumping around like a mountain goat.

Just thought I'd interject this issue as it might raise awareness helpful in making a choice between down and synthetic.

Mandy Kent

@vermontsilkie

Locale: rural New England

BTW, do you know whether the 20% off feature works on items that Campsaver has already on sale?

Ernie Elkins

@earthdweller

Locale: North Carolina

In my experience, Campsaver discount codes apply to everything on the site, including sale items.

Kevin Egelhoff

@kegelhoff

Locale: Southern Cal

Ernie,
    THANKS … you just saved me $90.00 on two MB sleeping bags. I have been waiting to get a few summer bags and I couldn't pass up the opertunity to try MB out.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot. Must resist buying BD One Shot………

Hideaki Terasawa
    Spectator

@trsw3

Locale: Tokyo

Hi Ben!

You are right! I couldn't resist buying FibraPlex pole, too.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hi Hideaki:

I just sent you a PM.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools