Topic

Lyell Fork of the Merced and views of Mt. Ansel Adams, June 16-18, 2013

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Lyell Fork of the Merced and views of Mt. Ansel Adams, June 16-18, 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    stephan q
    BPL Member

@khumbukat

Always good to have a plan B.
    Day 1 started great, parked in Yosemite Valley, took the morning bus to Tuolumne, got a walk-up permit for Rafferty Creek, and off I go. Pass through Vogelsang HSC, and over Vogelsang Pass to a great site at the bottom of the switchbacks

eb
    Erratic boulder and Emeric lake with Half dome and Clouds Rest.
    . camping

Plan A was a thru to Glacier Point via Red Peak Pass. Once I viewed the snow at the pass on day 2…Plan B.red

Day 2 i decided to visit the headwaters of Hutching Creek, and find a campsite above the mosquitos at 10,700 or so. Also to view Mt AA for the first time. The bugs were bad, so after some exploring, I hiked back to the trail and spent the night by the Lyell Fork.

aa charger

aaa

fmt22Headwaters, Hutching Creek.

rock

Day 3 Decided to hike back to Vogelsang HSC via Fletcher Creek. Got there early, and the bugs were so bad, I chose to finish the day at Tuolumne Meadows backpackers camp for the night.

Mileage-40 +/-
    Time- 52 hours +/-
    Elevation- lots ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools