Topic

Black Forest Trail question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Black Forest Trail question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Locale: Loco Libre Gear

I have done the northern portion of the BFT loop, and am now heading out to do the southern portion. I want to leave my truck at mile 0, and maybe hike to the Naval Run trail to access the BFT. Any idea how far it is from my parking spot down to town and finally to the Naval Run Trail trailhead?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

If you're parking at the 'official' parking area on Slate Run, then there's a trail from the parking area right down to the BFT. Go down to the trail, hang a right and you're on your way. You'll pretty much immediately cross a river and then head uphill for a couple of miles.

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

Hi Doug. I've done the "northern" part of the counterclockwise loop like you're describing. I wanted to do a short loop with some friends, leaving my vehicle at the "Official" parking area, and doing the southern portion, but bailing on the Naval Run Trail. I was just wondering how far it was from that trail back to the parking area vai Pine Creek.

daniel B
    Spectator

@dbogey

Locale: East Coast

Please include a TR when your finished. I'm planning on taking my son in a few weeks (we are in Pittsburgh).

thanks.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Sorry, didn't understand your question at first.

Somewhere between 1.5 and 2 miles from the parking area to the Naval Run trailhead (closer to 1.5 it seems from the map).

george carr
    BPL Member

@hammer-one

That's about what I figured. Appreciate the help Doug!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools