Topic

Best lightest pillow recommendations

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Best lightest pillow recommendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

A cut down silk liner (to pillow size)stuffed with a layer or two of day clothing.
    Many have tried the stuff sack/clothing combo and did not like it at all.
    I did the same on and off several times , did not like it either.
    Then by chance a mate made that pillow case for me and I realised that what I had not liked before was the feel of stuff sacks and the like against my skin.

If you have a silk liner try it (before cutting it…)
    Note that I user it inside the sb to avoid migration.
    silk pillow

tom lakner
    BPL Member

@lakneremu

Locale: midwest

I agree with Randy about the Monkey Pillow and Exped combo. Great sleeping duo

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

I also use the Monkey Pillow (size large) but with a large Flex Air pillow and stuff my down puffy in on top. Very wide for rolling around, cushy yet supportive, straps hold it to my pad, and only 2.9 extra oz.

Clifford Deakyne
    BPL Member

@cliffdeakyne

Locale: Colorado Rockies foot hills

In shoulder seasons, I sleep in a down hoody inside my lighter mummy bag, but put an medium exped ul between the folded hood and the mummy hood. This provides the extra softness without carrying anything extra. It works well if you are a back sleeper, even if you roll a little side to side.

Kenneth Keating
    BPL Member

@kkkeating

Locale: Sacramento, Calif

I use a Zpacks pillow dry bag with my down jacket stuffed inside. But the catch is the down jacket is stuffed inside a smaller size cuben fiber bag to get the proper height that's comfortable to me. With the pillow bag only, there was too much room for the jacket to expand and the pillow ended up being too flat. It took some experimenting, but once I found the correct size stuff sac, it's been great. The other thing I like about the pillow dry bag is you just invert it with the fleece inside and it becomes a dry bag which I used to keep the jacket and other items dry.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

my wife has been complaining about the Flex Air and she saw the S2S ones at REI and bought two; in the store they felt pretty good, bringing them this weekend, we'll see :)

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools