Topic

Do you have an “original” Mountainsmith Ghost?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Do you have an “original” Mountainsmith Ghost?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I came across a original Mountainsmith Ghost and I can't find a size marking anywhere. Do you have one and know where to look? Or perhaps you know the size and we can compare measurements. It's all academic, but I'm curious.

Cool design– a basic panel loader and a Delrin hoop for a suspension. Looks a like a great travel pack. The hip belt seems a little slippery.

Thanks!

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Dale,Try looking on the water bottle pocket like in this this review,LT stands for Large Torso and MT stands for Medium Torso.

Ryan Teale
    BPL Member

@monstertruck-2

Locale: Almost Yosemite

Anna has given the right answer.

One of my hiking partners is still using the version in tan "xpac" fabric. I picked up one for my wife in all back nylon packcloth I've got a ULA OHM and it is kind of a cross between the OHM 2.0 and the Camino. It is a great travel pack. The hipbelt wraps the hips quite well and seems to work very well up to about 30 pounds. The pack weights about 2lb 10oz if I remember right.

Ryan

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

There is another older version of the Ghost that has no fabric panels in the water bottle pockets and the name is embroidered just above the left water bottle pocket, different back panel padding and a single ice axe loop without the pad straps on either side. The overall design of the pack body looks the same.

I've found size labels in odd places on packs and I've cheched along all the seams. There is a lable inside under the Mountainsmith/country of origin that reads "202157". That's about it.

Thanks to all for the input.

dan mchale
    BPL Member

@wildlife

Locale: Cascadia

I have one with the serial number 202180 made in Sri Lanka. It has the mesh water pockets and the pack is blue/gray Xpack. I think it's about 10-12 years old. The frame height is about 24.5" I can't find a size label either. It would be a medium or large I suppose.

David H
    Spectator

@amarony

Locale: South Dakota

Ah my first pack. Probably won't ever get rid of it. Was nice at the time but too heavy now. No size label on mine but pretty sure it's a large.Ghost1Ghost2

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

That's the one and I'm at the same conclusion. I normally wear a large and I would put it in the M/L category.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had one some time ago, 2nd or third year they came out it was a large.It was labeled LH I think it was!

Barry P
    BPL Member

@barryp

Locale: Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)

My ‘GHOST’ is more the brown/tannish one. How do you describe that color? The black came out later in Sierra Trading Post when Mountainsmith quit making the Ghosts.
    This is my son wearing it while hiking down some MO rivers.Mountainsmith Ghost

I believe the GHOST is considered a Large. Mine weighed ~ 36oz. The ‘Seraph’ was the woman’s version and it was considered a S/M. Ours weighed ~ 32oz. It so happened the Ghost was too big for me (I have 17” torso). Later I sold it and kept our two Seraph’s.

-Barry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools