Topic

Trinity Alps 4 Lakes Loop June 25-27

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Trinity Alps 4 Lakes Loop June 25-27

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Justin Nelson
    BPL Member

@jnelson871

Locale: CA Bay Area

Planning on Starting at the Stewart Fork Trail head and averaging a bit over 15 miles a day. My plan was to camp the first night at the meadow just North of the loop near Deer Creek Camp. Spend the second day doing the loop and staying at one of the meadows to the South, probably Van Matre or Red Mtn. Meadow. Ending the Third day by making the decent down Stone Ridge Trail and making a loop past Trinity Alps Resort back to where we started. Some high mileage but that’s what I love best! Planning on hitting the trail head about 9am. Does this sound doable to you other long distance hikers? My regular trip is about 15 miles at Henry Coe SP starting at Headquarters and hiking out past Kelly or Mississippi Lake. The Elevation gain/loss appears to be about the same. Any suggestions? I looked at the recent trails report and everything seems to be clear of snow and accessible.

Chris C
    BPL Member

@cvcass

Locale: State of Jefferson

That is definitely a viable plan, I was up there Memorial Day weekend and saw very little snow. all of the water crossing were at late season levels, it will be a dry year.

You might run into brushy trails if they are not heavily used but navigation should still be fairly easy.

Justin Nelson
    BPL Member

@jnelson871

Locale: CA Bay Area

Thanks for the update. Just finished brushing up my navigation skills so we should be in good shape. I will try to get some pictures for a post-trip report and write something up when I get back.

Paul Schwerdt

@flexabull

Locale: State of Jefferson

Should be no problem, was up at the top of Bear Basin a couple of weeks ago and there was very little snow.

Actually considering the 4 Lakes for mid July. Might go in at Stoney Ridge and out via Long Canyon.

Nicholas Pappas
    Spectator

@njpca

Thanks for posting — planning a trip to four lakes July 4-7 with three friends. We are planning to take the Stoney ridge trail but eager to hear about alternate entries / side trips folks with more experience may suggest. If we do Stoney ridge, is a side trip to lake Anna and a return via billy-be-damn ad echo lake worthwhile? With a name like that, hard not to investigate!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools