Topic

Lightest pack that can hold a horizontal bear canister?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightest pack that can hold a horizontal bear canister?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    A B

@ahatch

First post. I've been in the market for a new pack for the last few months, and I haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for. Does anybody know what the lightest pack on the market is that can hold a Bearikade Weekender horizontally? I'd prefer to go cuben, but really as long as it is light and can hold the canister horizontally I will be happy.

Josh Brock

@needsabath

Locale: Outside

I bet that pack would hold it just fine!! maybe some one can confirm….

10% off use the cupon code SPRING2013 if purchased before the end of the month

Note: I am not affiliated with HMG in any way.

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

About a million posts and threads on this if you search. A Jam will if you only care about weight. FWIW I'm in the school that vertical is a far better way to go. Good luck.

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

If you can wait until slow season give Joe a call at zPacks… he mentioned to me last spring he could make a custom Arc Blast to fit a Weekender horizontal on top.

The Scout will fit horizontal in the standard Arc Blast… or so I am told.
    I can do an 8 day trip with the Scout. Did it with a Scout horizontal at the top of an Ohm 2.0 last fall.

Bill D

Christopher Kuzak

@kc

While I second the vertical canister position, my weekender fits easily horizontally in my exos.

Martin Ellenberger
    Spectator

@martellenberger

"While I second the vertical canister position, my weekender fits easily horizontally in my exos"

What size exos do you have?

Christopher Kuzak

@kc

I've got the 58. With the top pocket off it is 35 ounces, 40 with it on. As someone who sweats a fair amount, I can say it's a great pack for getting air on your back. It fits a canister without a fight too. Those are the two main reasons I decided to keep it (and the fact I've got a son who will be old enough to join me soon–a bigger pack will be needed for sure).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Small but Joe made it 4 inches longer! Of course that is vertical..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools