Topic

trash bag rain thingamajigger

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear trash bag rain thingamajigger

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

I was cleaning out an old waist pack that I used to use for day hikes and found a contractor bag. I used to take these for raingear (poke holes in bottom and sides), shelter (cut to double width for mini "tarp") and extra warmth (wearing as vapor barrier). Wondering if anyone used to or still does this? I probably still have a stash of them somewhere. I might start doing it again, as my only real rain jacket weighs a portly 13 oz.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Yes. I've been carrying one in my day pack for at least 30 years… Initially going with the super-tough versions but lately switched to a fairly light one that's tall but somewhat narrow (54"x36"). I don't bring one backpacking because I have other gear for shelter.

I've been considering making a Bothy bag to carry for day hiking instead. Otherwise I may score a bright orange highway clean up trash bag because of the visibility issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools