Topic

Merell Mix Master Glide

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Merell Mix Master Glide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    backpackerchick
    BPL Member

@backpackerchick

Has anyone worn the Mix Master Glide/Mix Master 2 on multi day trips over variable alpine terrain? Your impressions?

mix master
    Mix Master

I have a pair and have worn them a bit. Have not had a chance to test them on anything slick. 14.5 oz/410 g a pair (Women's 7.5).

My go to hiking sneaker has been the Saucony PEREGRINE which has the most AWESOME TREAD. The upper does not survive much edging, etc. Pair of Women's 7.5 weighs in at 17 oz/484 g. It is a little stiffer and more cushioned then I would like…just a little too high profile all around.

peregrine
    Peregrine

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Hartley,

I'd NEVER be caught wearing shoes with those clown colors. Not manly and masculine enough for this geezer. Plus I like to blend with my surroundings.

But with more "subdued" colors I would try them. I really like my Merrill Moab Ventilators.

backpackerchick
    BPL Member

@backpackerchick

Thank Eric ;)

I went with this one —

green

Many color options…more than most sneakers. "Geezer" options too. You can't get out of it THAT easily!

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/29430M/0/Mens/Mix-Master-2

If you are interested, perhaps these colors would suit you better :)

OR

mix master

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Eric,
    You are definitely manly enough to pull off the look with those colors.

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

Please don't ridicule me for the NB Minimus 1010s I just purchased then. :o

I'm sure I'll look like a clown, oh well. 7.7oz per shoe for size 9 they say.

Angus A.
    BPL Member

@mangus7175

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com

I own the original Mix Masters – the one with the mesh issue

I like them personally. They're lightweight and I find that it breathes well enough that it doesn't leave my feet clammy at the end of the day. The 4mm drop is comfortable for me and I have had no foot pains after a hike. However, when walking on pavement for long periods of time, these shoes don't have enough padding that it could cause some foot pain.

I have worn the same pair of Mix Masters since February this year and have used them on varying terrain around the San Gabriel Wilderness, Angeles National Forest, etc. (local SoCal mountains) – so far so good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools