Topic

Tarptent floor fabric abrasion resistance on rock

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarptent floor fabric abrasion resistance on rock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

I'm seriously considering buying a Cloudburst 3 but when I was fantasizing about it last night I remembered a camp site on Mount Anne (Tasmania) that is basically a series of fairly smooth and flat rock platforms with no vegetation nearby suitable for camping on. Here's a great picture of it.

My question is whether or not the sil-nylon floor on the Cloudburst would stand up to a a few nights on this sort of terrain. In my experience rock seems to shred silnylon, for example the scramble to the top of Mount Anne (the peak in the background of the picture) tore holes in my silnylon daypack. I know a ground sheet or tyvek or polycro protects against puncture but do they protect much against abrasion?

A D

@wenty

I camped at the shelf camp on the Mt Anne trip with my scarp 1. I used a bit of tyvek as a groundsheet, no probems

J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

Well that's definitely encouraging!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools