Topic

Shortened Therm-a-rest NeoAir Xlite

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
PostedJun 10, 2013 at 11:03 am

I know it's been posted on here before, but I've been wanting to do it for a while now and just recently conquered my nervousness. It was so easy, and turned out so good. Exactly how I wanted it. So if anyone else is having doubts, just wanted to reiterate that it's totally doable, and really easy. I just followed the Suluk46 video on YouTube. Trimmed it down from 72" (Regular size) to 46" and trimmed 4 ounces in doing so.
x
x2

M G BPL Member
PostedJun 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Cool! Looking to buy and do the same

PostedJun 10, 2013 at 4:03 pm

That's great! I have a original neoair size large I am tempted to convert to torso size… I don't have the guts to do it yet.

PostedJun 10, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Thanks! I'm definitely happy with it. And to Daniel, you should just go for it! After you make that first cut, it just gets easier haha.

PostedJul 23, 2013 at 5:18 am

You can reseal it with just a normal iron, just set it as high as it can go and make sure that you iron it throuroughly and get out any bubbles or creases. A ruler helps. Also, make sure that you've trimmed the insulation back so that you don't iron it between the top and bottom fabric. Hope that helps. The suluk46 video on youtube is a great guide, minus the sound quality.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Loading...