Topic

BPL pack liner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) BPL pack liner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Nelson

@stephenn6289

Locale: Sunshine State

I recently purchased the BPL pack liners. I put it in my pack and it fit all my gear nicely, but it seems awkward to get a good seal at the top. What have you found that works best, especially when the liner is quite full? Thanks

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

When I use pack liners I typically don't put everything in my pack inside the liner. For instance my cookset and food bag (with vacuum sealed food) don't need to be in the liner. This allows ample material at the top of the liner which I can roll down and then tuck into the space between the pack and liner. I then set the items I don't need waterproofed atop the rolled-down liner, close up my pack and head off.

This is all well and good assuming you want your food and cookset at the top of your pack. For my packing style it works well. Outside of the pack liner is my food, pot, stove, rain jacket (if carried), et al.

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

Same as Sam. I usually only have my sleeping bag and clothes in a liner sack.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools