Topic

Liberty Ridge Insulated pants

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Liberty Ridge Insulated pants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joe Federici

@need2boat

Locale: North East

I've been sick for the last few days so I spent it finishing up the pants. Theinner and outter fabric is momentum 90. I used 6oz premaloft spot for insulation and lycra binding for the cuffs.

I was hopping to make somethnig like the BMW pants and I'm very happy with the outcome. The final weight is 10.5 oz. for a size large. All seams are serged.

Joe F

insulated pants

lyra binding

waist belt

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

Hey Joe,
    Nice job!
    I was calculating that your pants would weigh 11 oz, so you surpassed my expectations.

How is the fit?
    With out any addition to the circumference, the upper leg portion is just a little tight on mine.
    Mine didn't come out looking nearly as nice as yours.
    With the 6 oz permaloft, these baby's are going to be warm.

Anything you would have done different for others to attempt this?

Joe Federici

@need2boat

Locale: North East

Aaron thanks for the kind words.

I knew from using the pattern the first time it was a althletic fit and considered adding some into it. In the end I just decided to use a 4mm serged seam so I saved quite a bit from the french seam allowence it was set up for.

The fit is still athletic but I bend forward and back with out then pulling so I'm happy. I considered using more insulation to make them more 3 season but then would needed to ad more in the waist asnd hips.

I just started cutting coping and cutting the patterns for the kinsman pullover. Looks a bit more tricky. I decided to try the reg fit rather then relaxed. Hope it works out or someones getting a nice gift. Ha ha.

Joe F

Joe F

Eric Parsons

@ericp

Locale: Alaska

Nice Job Joe, They look really really good. very clean.
    I have a pair of intergral designs primaloft pants which I love, you'll be happy sitting around winter camping in these.

nice work!

no side zips though, can you still pull them over your shoes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools