Topic

FMS-117T & FMS188 to FMS-118T Convert success

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) FMS-117T & FMS188 to FMS-118T Convert success

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    J C
    BPL Member

@joomy

Haven't spotted a thread about this here yet (someone on bushwalk.com did it before me though) so I thought I would report that as expected the conversion works perfectly and results in a roughly 120g mostly titanium stove. The only part left over from the 118 is the brass base to which the pre-heat tube and the fuel line are attached. Interestingly the fuel lines from the 117t and the 118 are different, the 118 is thinner and less flexible, and has a pivot on both ends, whereas the 117t has a pivot only at the canister end. Both seem like great well made and well thought-out stoves, and the 118t is the best of both.

Pics to come.

Edit: May have spoken too soon. I hooked both stoves up to a canister tonight and the new stove is burning with disconcertingly orange flames. They start blue and then settle down into orange. I swapped the fuel line between the two and then the 117 started burning orange whereas the 118 with its original fuel line burns blue, implying there's a problem with the fuel line. I'm not sure what's causing this… any suggestions?

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

Looking forward to seeing what you've done!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools