Topic

Marmot Nanowave

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Marmot Nanowave

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark Andrews

@buldogge

Locale: Midwest

Hey Guys… Anyone have a strong opinion/experience on the Marmot Nanowave "summer" bags?

Do you think the 45 or the 55 is a better all-around choice, given that they have full length 2-way zippers…??? (the price difference is minimal)

Looking for something cheap for the family, for our summer road trip out west, which usually involves a few nights camping. Would be a reasonable spare bag(s) as well, 1# 8oz. (or 12oz.).

TIA
    -Mark in St. Louis

Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

I have the NanoWave 55 great bag packs to size of cantaloupe nice fabric.
    Temp rating is fairly accurate and weight 24 oz

Got mine for $56 in March at Backcountry.

Mark Andrews

@buldogge

Did you consider the 45, for 4oz greater weight?

Can't decide between them.

-Mark

Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

I did look at the 45 but in Oklahoma spring is usually very short or nonexistent.

I have used mine a few times and I can always through my frog togg jacket over my feet and legs/ chest if it cools down to much. Or sleep in a base layer.
    Weight was a big issue but I wanted a bag for April-early June and Sept-Oct and the 55 really seemed perfect.
    At 55 degree rating I thought it might make a good top bag to supplement my winter bag if necessary.

Either way for packing size vs. weight you can't loose. My summer kit is now in a Osprey Talon 22 since this packs so small.

My .02

Mark Andrews

@buldogge

Thanx Kevin…

-Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools