Topic

The Lightest Cookpot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The Lightest Cookpot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jordan Calicott

@shortmancal

Locale: Arkansas!

Does anyone know where I can get the absolute lightest cookpot?

douglas ray

@dray

Locale: Olympic Peninsula

I can think of two things wich might qualify, depending on how much durability you need. The more durable option is the snowpeak titanium bowl, wich weighs 1.7 oz and has a capacity of 20oz. and could be fitted with a foil lid to make a sub-two ounce cook pot. The lighter option that I know of is to take a Fosters 24oz keg dan and cut the top off to make a container of around 20 oz and use a foil lid or possibly the bottom of another can. I think that set up would be around .5 oz without lid. However it would be so flimsy I think it would be difficult to pack witout crushing it. Or if volume is not an issue you could use a tea lite container, wich probably weights 1 or 2 grahams.

Al Shaver
    BPL Member

@al_t-tude

Locale: High Sierra and CA Central Coast

Dr.J used the Foster’s can on a one day summit and return on Mt Gannet. My nephew and I just returned from 5 days in Death Valley and the Sierras using this pot with no problems. 730ml/24.7fl.oz.—.85oz. with lid. Yes, it is delicate, but if you pack and carry it properly it will last many trips.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Probably the Fosters (lighter) or Heineken (stronger) beer can cookpots. Hog on Ice’s setup is about the lightest you can get for two cup boiling.

http://www.datasync.com/~wksmith/hoikit.html

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

If you can get by with 8 or 9 ounces of hot water at one time check out my Sterno Can Cook Pot, My first one weighs 0.38oz. The black line is the 8oz fill line. If you go with a Fosters Beer Can Cook Pot you might want to make a cozy like the one I show how to make.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools